PRIVATE INVESTIGATIONS

Uninitiated by external impulses, assuming a state of utter joblessness in a reckless waste of time, to express my labyrinthine psyche.

Name:
Location: Tempe, Arizona, United States

Friday, July 08, 2005

When nature seems surreal

I stood a moment, puzzled, scratching my chin to clear my mind and figure out why the artificial decorative plants that we see in a store, were put in a glass house in a botanical garden. I refused to accept the fact that these were indeed real.

I always thought these plants where a figment of human creativity. I held a high opinion of those designers for giving their piece of creation a touch of reality that gives us a feel of nature. However, only today did I realize in a small nook in the botanical garden, Ooty, that these plants are indeed real. These manikins like plants grow in nature like the other crotons. This small room that I visited was located in the left corner of the gardens and was replete with the natural versions of those decorative artificial plants.

It was rather sad, that this fit of surprise was undermining my appreciation for nature, which has reduced to meager amounts owing to I don’t know what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home