PRIVATE INVESTIGATIONS

Uninitiated by external impulses, assuming a state of utter joblessness in a reckless waste of time, to express my labyrinthine psyche.

Name:
Location: Tempe, Arizona, United States

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

me not sleepy...

Is it possible for me to determine when I fell asleep? Is there a sequence of steps that I could follow and I am assured to fall asleep.

I go to bed; my thoughts scroll down an array of events and emotions, and then these thoughts unconsciously diffuse to sleep. But I could only vaguely sense the moment when the thoughts converge to dormancy.
Other days, I lie on bed for hours, trying hard to encounter the transition to sleep state. The harder I try, the greater the mind starts wandering beyond boundaries. I could also sense tending to the sleep state, but unable to make it in. And this happens a good number of times. Later, I device a mechanism to steer my path to accomplish that state. I try and perform two minutes of “non thinking” to get rid of the extraneous cerebrations. This scheme of action seldom helps. The suppression of thoughts only ends in a rampant proliferation of them.

I have tried to figure out, when it happened. I feel, I was never accurate and I think none could ever be. I am also amazed at how some people have the ability to sleep with their eyes open; also how some animals manage to sleep while standing. One needs to have a weird brain function like dolphins, where one hemisphere of the brain sleeps, while the other is active. Probably then, one can psychoanalyze all the stages till the REM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home